How do I turn on ELL & Extra Support Features for my student?
We currently only offer ELL & Extra Support Features for Article-A-Day assignments. Students with these features enabled will have access to:
- Directions and purpose translated into 7 different languages (written and audio)
- Sentence frames for the Book of Knowledge
- English audio versions of the articles and questions (whether or not the teacher includes them in the assignment)
Learn how to turn on the ELL & Extra Support Features for your students by following the steps below:
1. Click on "Class Admin".
2. Select a class.
3. Select a student's name.
4. Select the extra support you would like to provide your student with. By selecting "On-Spanish", for example, you will be providing your student with:
- English audio versions of the articles
- Directions and purpose translated into Spanish (written and audio)
5. Go to the "Content" page and filter for Article-A-Day sets.
6. Once you have found an Article-A-Day set, click on the title and then click on the blue "Assign" button.
7. When assigning the Article-A-Day set, make sure to check the "Turn on ELL & Extra Support features" box. When your student is working on the Article-A-Day assignment, he or she will be able to access the features.
Learn more about ELL & Extra Support Features here.